When your maintenance plan comes up for renewal, you will have 3 options:
- Switch an eligible individual product on maintenance to a subscription of the same product
- Switch an eligible individual product or suite on maintenance to an industry collection subscription
- Renew your maintenance plan for one year
Contact us, and we will be happy to walk you through the options
The price to switch will increase by 5% in 2018 and another 5% in 2019, so the earlier you switch to subscription, the less it will cost. Also, switching to subscription brings you:
- The convenience of charging subscription cost annually to projects;
- Frequent product updates that you can decide when to consume;
- More convenient support including "schedule a call" for faster engagement times;
- Simpler administration of software when standardising products on subscription;
Yes. In most cases, you will be able to continue to use* versions of software downloaded and activated under your maintenance plan. These versions will now become part of your subscription entitlements. Additionally, you will have access to subscription previous versions per the Subscription Previous Version Eligibility List.
* Subject to compliance with certain conditions and limitations, and not possible in some countries.
No. The term length of your subscription cannot be changed at a later date. The next time you renew, it will be for the same length of time as your original subscription. For example, if you choose to switch to an annual subscription, the next time you renew, your subscription will be renewed for an additional 1-year term length. If you choose to change term lengths later (i.e. to multi-year), you will need to start a new subscription at the full subscription price. Please take this into consideration when deciding on the term length for your new subscription.
When your maintenance plan expires and your new subscription starts, administrators will receive an email with information so they can complete the switch. For a short period of time, the seats that were switched will be designated with the status of 'Switched' in Autodesk Account before being removed. Your new subscription begins the day after your maintenance plan expires.